Thursday

Back to the Basics

This was a hard choice, but I have decided that Mitch Hedberg is my favorite comedian. I believe that the delivery of a joke is more important than the joke itself, and Mitch Hedberg delivers his jokes like no other.
Warning! Adult language.


"I'm not making a banana-bread pastrami cottage-cheese sandwich. That would severely ruin my reputation."

"When I was a boy, I laid in my twin size bed and wondered where my brother was."

"I saw this wino. He was eating some grapes. It's like, 'Dude, you have to wait.'"
 "I used to do drugs. I still do, but I used to, too."
I could go on and on. Every joke is as memorable as the last. When I was about 13, I would listen to this CD as I went to bed. This was also probably the first time I had encountered swearing used for comedy. When I was younger I was against swearing, but the way Mitch uses profanity enhances his jokes to a whole different level. I've seen him on TV telling a few of the same jokes but at a PG-13 level, and they weren't nearly as funny. They just compliment his jokes very well. Sadly, he died a few years back from drug-related complications.

No comments:

Post a Comment