Tuesday

Exploring Comedy

People say that dissecting comedy makes things less funny the more you do it. To those people I say, "shut up you are ruining my English project." But I like to ask why something is funny, it helps me appreciate it more. When the joke is fairly obvious, like in this picture, you get an immediate laugh. However, when you see something clever you get enjoyment from getting the joke along with the actual joke. It is rewarding to see something and think 'Hey, that is a joke that some people will not understand, but I do.' I think that you get prolonged enjoyment, because you can go back in your head and recall why it was funny. 
 
I've also noticed that people think you are funnier if you are frequently spewing out little jokes rather than saying really funny things every once in a while. If anyone has noticed, no one really says anything that funny. Sure, it might be funny right off the bat, but in a second you will realize it wasn't that great. In school, I have certainly noticed people trying to make jokes out of everything. It's all hit-or-miss, and mostly miss. But these people are the 'funny' ones, and one out of every 5 things might actually be comical. I like to listen to people and secretly make fun of them in my head. That pretty much consumes my entire day.

No comments:

Post a Comment