Sunday

Awkward...Er...Ness


I think awkwardness is hilarious. I don't know where it comes from, and I don't know why it exists, but I love it. I'm pretty sure I can't feel awkward, but boy can I ever tell if someone else is. I've been in situations where I know that I probably look awkward, and people feel awkward that I'm being awkward, and that it is awkward that they've created an awkward situation, but I don't get it. I don't think something can be awkward unless you think it is. Things can be stupid, embarrassing, or silly, but I don't think anything should be awkward. I don't believe in it, and I have a special place in the disliking area of my brain for people who shout out "That's so awkward" in order to try and de-awkward a situation. If no one said "Oh my god! This is so awkward right now you guys, like oh my god!" then it wouldn't be. A good example would be in a class setting. The class goes silent at random, and someone will feel compelled to inform everyone that they are in an awkward situation.

But this brings me onto a different kind of awkwardness. People awkward. Someone can be naturally awkward and they can't do anything about it. This is the best kind of awkward, one that I actually enjoy. These are the people that walk into a room, and swivel around and exit quickly. The people that take off their backpacks and rummage through them in the middle of a hall, or even more awkwardly, they take it off and scuttle to a corner to do their rummaging. Or the people that don't know how to walk in crowds, or when to stop and when to drive in a car. I've made friends with many awkward people, and I won't say any names, but Sean is really awkward. It's the funniest.

No comments:

Post a Comment