Wednesday

It's A Trap!

My last post secretly had 2 (or more, I can't keep track of them all) memes hidden inside. The first one is 'The Game,' which you just lost by the way. This meme also falls into the Troll category. I don't know where the game started, but I found out about it by reading some scrawled messages on a cabin wall at camp. The point of the game is to not remember that you are playing the game. If you remember that you are playing, you must audibly call out "I lost." In turn, anyone around you playing the game will recall the game, and lose, creating a chain reaction. If one person loses, everyone close to them does as well. After you have lost the game, you get a 1 hour reset period where you cannot lose again, to help you forget you are playing the game. Once you start playing the game, you can't stop. A troll with often say "the game" to prompt everyone playing to lose. These people are no fun.

The second meme is "It's A Trap." This meme comes from Star Wars, when General Ackbar exclaims the phrase.


This line has become immortalized in the minds of internet users forever. I don't know who decided it was funny, but it is. People most often use the phrase in the iconic format (called an image macro) for picture memes. (Text top center, text bottom center) Here are a few I like:


No comments:

Post a Comment