Sunday

What?

A plague has been, for lack of better words, plaguing my school. This disease goes by the name of Chicken Butt. First off, it is so stupid. Secondly, it is soooooo stupid. The object, I guess, is to get someone to say "What." You then proceed to say "Chicken butt," and pee yourself laughing. That's it. After a quick Google, I have found an Urban Dictionary post about it. 

"A win or lose game. The questioner tries to catch the questionee off guard by asking "Guess what?" as if they really have news.
A: Guess What?
B: What?
A: Chicken Butt!
In the above scenario person A wins the game, had person B said Chicken Butt in response they would have won the game and person A loses."

Now, if you asked me why this was funny, I wouldn't be able to tell you. I have noticed that males are the ones playing this so called game, and the females roll their eyes at the males. I have to agree with the females on this one. I have been trying to think of a defense against this virus, and I have come up with two scenarios. 

1. You know the person wants you to say "what?" In this instance, you crush their dreams by skirting around the word what. You can say things like "What is it?," "I don't know," or my personal favorite, "You are an idiot."

2. This is the worst case scenario. In this one, you have fallen for their trap, and said what. You must wait for the inevitable chicken butt. Now you must act quickly, as you only get one chance. You have two options. The first is playing dumb. You say "huh?" or "I don't get it." This forces them to explain the game to you, because otherwise you would think they got a concussion, and that they want to laugh at you for messing up instead of not knowing what they are talking about. If you can get them to start explaining, try to drag it out for as long as possible. The longer you do, the more you win. For extra win, explain what you are doing to them at the end and relish in their anguish. The second option is to say "You are an idiot." 

If you follow these simple tips, you will survive this outbreak.

No comments:

Post a Comment